KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA PARADIP PORT
History |Provisions |Chairman's Page |Principal's Page
Kendriya Vidyalaya Paradip Port had its inception in 1974. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan envisaged it as a great center of learning for the children of the employees of Paradip Port Trust. It is a Project school of Paradip Port Trust.
During its 33 years of educational journey, it has grown in all dimensions with the Senior Secondary Streams of both Science and Commerce. The Vidyalaya is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Through the years the school has expanded not just its opportunities for learning, but also its student population and student accomplishments.
The learning center covers an area of 10 acres campus located in the sprawling Port Township of Paradip Port Trust, in a friendly urban setting. Primary (I to V) and Secondary & Senior Secondary (VI to XII) with two sections each are running in the same campus in two separate buildings. Today KV Paradip Port is a well-established educational institution with a national reputation.
1. Two separate buildings (Primary & Secondary) in the same campus.
2. Classes from Pre-Primary to XII with Science & Commerce in +2 level.
3. One section of Pre-Primary, Two sections from Class I to X and one section each of Science and Commerce in Class XI & XII.
4. Mathematics Laboratory as per CBSE norms.
5. Three sophisticated Computer Laboratories with Broadband Internet Facility (for classes I to XII)
6. Teaching through Audio-Visual aids and Activities in all Classes.
7. Resource Room for Primary Classes.
8. Big and spacious Library with more than 9000 books, 15 Magazines & Journals, 06 Daily Newspapers & Other Periodicals.
9. Separate Drawing Room, SUPW Workshop & Music Room
10. Games and Sports facilities for Football, Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Table Tennis, Kho-Kho and Athletic events.
11. Scouting & Guiding training facilities. NCC Unit is likely to open shortly.
12. Trekking and Adventure Programmes.
13. Celebration of Important Days / Events (Independence Day, Republic Day, Teachers Day, Children’s Day, Annual Sports Day, Annual Function, etc.)
14. Publication of Vidyalaya Patrika and Newsletter.
Science/Social Science Exhibitions and Youth Parliament Competition.
16. Organization of Book Fair.
Health check-up of students twice in a year.